The Vessel

Many years ago, while in prayer, the Lord gave me a vision of a vessel. On a potter's wheel was a vessel being prepared. This vessel was not allowing the Potter to have His way; it kept trying to get off the wheel and out of the Master's hands.

On a wall to the right were shelves that contained many beautiful, shining vessels with beautiful and intricate designs. Being made fire proof by the Master Potter, they were on display, waiting to be filled with the Holy Spirit, the anointing. They were the Lord's pride and joy. They had allowed the furnace to perfect them, allowed themselves to be tempered, purged, beaten, reshaped and remolded.

Then I saw the vessel that had not allowed the Potter to perfect it. It was cracked, dull, chipped all over and very, very ugly. It was unable to contain the Holy Spirit because it had not allowed itself to be tempered; never allowed itself to remain in the Potter's hands. This made the Lord very sad because He wasn't allowed to finish the work.

I cried and prayed: "Dear Lord! Please don't let me become like that ugly vessel. No matter what, keep me on Your wheel, because I desire to become like the beautiful vessels, waiting for the Fullness of Your Spirit. Whatever it takes, Lord, may I be all that You want me to be."

The Lord desires a people who are sold out to His plans and purposes. Like the vessel on the Potter's wheel, we must allow God to have His way in our lives. The change must come, or we will not participate in the great outpouring of His Spirit that is soon to come upon the earth. We will not be a vessel fit for the Master's use. Let the Lord have His way in your life. Be willing to remain on the wheel and wait for His purposes in your life to be fulfilled.

Jeremiah 1: 1-6  "The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying: Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words. Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: ' O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?' says the Lord. 'Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Earth Receive Her King!

Extravagant Devotion Series ~ Introduction

Embrace Expectancy