AS THE EAGLE STIRS ITS NEST

 "Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying, " Ezra 1:1 (NKJV)

After the Jews had been in Babylonian captivity, the Lord stirred up the spirit of the king of Persia, Cyrus, to let the people go back to Jerusalem to build the temple. That word "stirred up" means "to rouse, to awaken, to excite, to raise up." It has the meaning of an eagle stirring up its nest or musical instruments being "awakened" or tuned up, getting ready for playing,

Oh how we need to be stirred up in our spirits these days! I don't know much about an eagle stirring up its nest but I have observed many Mourning Doves in a nest that is on our front porch. When the young dove is mature enough and ready to leave the nest, the parent coaxes it out of the nest. I have seen the parent on the floor of our porch cooing and making a particular sound in order to get the fledgling interested enough to come out of its nest. I have seen the parent in the nest beside the fledglings kind of pushing them to the edge of their nest in order to get them to fly out of the nest-- stirring up the nest. 

Deuteronomy 32:11-- "As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young, spreading out its wings, taking them up, carrying them on its wings," The Lord does this to His children. He wants us stirred up. He wants us to leave our comfy cozy nest and be participants in His Divine Plan. He is calling us just as that adult Mourning Dove calls to the young ones to come out of the nest. He gets beside us and pushes us to the edge. He orchestrates situations and circumstances in our lives in order to stir us up- to get us to leave our comfort zone and become active in His plan.

We must listen to His calling. If we get quiet enough before Him we can actually hear and feel the stirring of the air around us as He hovers over us, spreading out His wings and persistently pushing us to the edge of our nest. "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; " I Peter 4:12 (NKJV) Don't be surprised when you are put into certain situations. It just possibly could be the Lord stirring up your nest, making it uncomfortable for you to stay there any longer- encouraging you to leave that place that you have called "home" for so long and are so accustomed to. It just may be the Lord stirring up your nest and encouraging you and orchestrating your life so you can be an active and vital part of His ministry in the world today. Don't ignore the calling any longer.

Dear Lord, Stir me up! Stir up my nest, cause me to awaken my musical instruments--my gifts, my talents-- to use for Thee. Awaken me out of my slumber, my sleep- clear the fog from my spirit and cause me be be stirred and leave my place of comfort- so that I might be an active participant in the purposes You have for my life. Stir me up Lord! Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Earth Receive Her King!

Extravagant Devotion Series ~ Introduction

Embrace Expectancy