Toppled Cakes - It's The Christ Within

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..."
Galatians 2:20
 My husband and I enjoy watching a particular baking show. I am by no means a great baker. But I learn a few things by watching others. The contestants have three opportunities each day to show off their baking talents.  Although the judges are looking for a spectacular appearance, they judge mostly by how the product tastes.  On one particular show the contestants were to bake an exquisite looking and tasting cake.  One contestant, after he had worked so hard on his beautiful several tiered cake, the cake toppled over just before he had to present it to the judges.  It didn't look too appetizing after that.  But when the judges tasted it, he still got good reviews on his cake- because of what was inside.

I thought about this along with the verse- "Christ lives in me".  It is the Christ within that matters most.  It is the fruit of our faith, and not just only our appearance.  True- after coming to Christ and allowing His nature to take over us, there should be a change in our appearance. Our countenance changes from sad to hopeful. When we are led by His Spirit the Christ within will check us on our outer appearance. It needs to line up with the Word of God. But know that we are not saved by how proper or religious we dress or look.  That has nothing to do with salvation.  It is the Christ within.

Some days I feel like that toppled cake. There are days when I don't look or feel my best.There are days when I don't do my best. I try to live a life pleasing to God, to live up to Romans 12:1,2- to not be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of my mind. But sometimes I feel like all my efforts are in vain and I picture myself as that toppled cake.  Just a mess! But you know what?  God doesn't care so much about that.  He reassures me that He is more interested in what is inside my cake - my life - when it seems to topple.  What comes out of my  mouth?  How do I respond to others when I am going through a difficult time? What- or should I say - Who is in the inside?  This proves Who I am leaning on -  whether it is the flesh or the Christ within that is showing?  Everyone has their "bad" days.  I like to think of it as "good" days and "not so good" days. That's just me.  But the real question is: what is inside of my toppled cake?

Christ is continually being formed inside of me.  We are "progressively being transformed into His image from (one degree of) to (even more) glory which comes from the Lord (who is the Spirit) (Galatians 4:19 Amplified Version)

Has your cake fallen over? Do you feel like your life is in a mess?  Just remember,  God doesn't judge us by our appearance  (1 Samuel 16:7). He looks for the Christ within.


"...Christ in you, the hope of glory."
Colossians 1:27


~Donna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Earth Receive Her King!

Extravagant Devotion Series ~ Introduction

Embrace Expectancy