Originally posted May 2020 Scripture reference John 12:1-8; Matthew 26:6-13; Mark 14:3-9 We are continuing our Extravagant Devotion Series. “Extravagant” means " exceeding the limit of reason or necessity, lacking in moderation, balance and restraint, extremely or excessively elaborate and spending much more than necessary." We are looking into how Mary displayed this extravagant devotion to Christ when she anointed Him. Today we will have a glance at how our extravagant devotion can lead us into the area of the prophetic. The Prophetic John 12:1-2 It was 6 days before Passover- just a few days before Christ was crucified. She was actually anointing Christ for His burial. She had no idea in the natural that He was about to die. She was doing it as an act of honor- but- was actually operating in the prophetic. Our extravagant devotion will open doors to us in the prophetic area- if we are yielded. It may not be huge or remarkable ways- but- ...
The sun is beginning to break through as I write this but this morning we had a steady light rain. It really was a wonderful feeling. I opened up windows and let the fresh cool air come in the stuffy house. I have been busy doing things here as I was out of commission last week with the first of cataract surgeries. So I was a little behind on my housework. But with the cool breeze and the sight and sound of the light rain outside, I went about my duties with a new strength and outlook. The hot humid weather we have been experiencing out here in the Midwest appears to be broken, praise the Lord! It was a scorcher for sure. It is so nice now to see the starting of the changing leaves and feel the briskness in the air. This morning also, I was experiencing kind of the same thing in my spirit. A new, fresh anointing, receiving the light rains and cool breezes of His Spirit into my parched and dry spirit. Just like our ground that had suffered so this summer needs the refreshing of t...
"Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16 I am a little behind on my post, but I finished the devotional, "The Greatest Gift" by Ann Voskamp on Christmas morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I was especially moved by the reading on December 22 about being a dwelling place for God. After Christ's ascension, He sent His Spirit to those who had gathered in the upper room- as Christ had directed them. The Spirit of the Lord invaded that room and the hearts of those who were gathered there. And ever since, He does the same! When we allow Him, when we have prepared a room- a place in our hearts- for Him- He comes and invades us~dwells inside of us~lives inside of us~leads, guides and directs us~and speaks to us on a daily, continual basis. The author spoke about how we are God's dwelling place and to make sure that we always have room for Him to dwell in. It wasn't something that I didn...
Comments
Post a Comment