Rest



I see I haven't been on here since February. Wow! Time flies. I finished up my Physical Therapy for my knees and lower back. Now it is working in the flower beds. Lots of therapy with the creams and roll ons for achy sore muscles. I usually smell like a pharmacy. But I thank the Lord that He renews my strength and my achy muscles recover in about a day. But the big thing I have learned over the last couple years is to pace myself. I am the type of person who, when I start a project I want to finish it in the same day, if not sooner. But I am learning to allow myself the time to rest and reset so I can finish the project.

Many Christians are in such a hurry to finish "their project"- their plans for destiny and purpose. But God, having all things in control, knows that there is a timing to the plans in our lives. Just earlier I was reading in Ephesians 2- out of the The Passion Translation- verse 10- "we have become His poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny He has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it!" In the NKJV- it says "we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus.."  A poem, a work of art of any kind- I like cross stitching- these things take time.  We can't finish them in one setting. But God already sees the end of the project before we even get there. As we move forward in our spiritual journey with God, these things develop over time. As we learn and grow in Christ, as we live out our lives before Him and the world, our workmanship, our project is being completed along the way. There are times in our lives that become a period of rests- just as in music- there are rests, a time of acceleration and a time where it seems like nothing is happening. It is during those periods of rest and quiet, our down times, our times when we think that we have lost our vision and momentum-- it is during these times that we must trust the composer and conductor of our souls. He has it all in control. It will finish at just the right time. Philippians 1:6 states: "being confident of this very hing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" 

Be confident, rest and trust that the Lord is fulfilling just what He has promised you. It may seem like nothing is happening; you may have struggled to get things done- in the spirit- and it has worn you out or even discourged you- but know that the Lord is working all these things out for our good. (Romans 8:28)

So, as I look out over my yard and flower gardens, and as I see some projects inside that aren't completed yet- I know that there are intervals where we must come aside, rest and put our focus on what really matters- Jesus Christ.  It is in the so called "down times"- that many times- God speaks to us and shows us things- His hidden mysteries that He wants to confide in you and you confide in Him.

Pace- Rest-Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (NKJV)

 

~Donna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Earth Receive Her King!

Extravagant Devotion Series ~ Introduction

Embrace Expectancy