Wonderful Counselor

 


Recently the Lord revealed Himself to me in even a deeper understanding of these descriptions of who He is. In the beginning of the year I was experiencing an attitude that I didn’t quite understand or like. My own spirit was out of sync with the spirit of God and it was making me miserable. I wasn’t experiencing that peace and joy that I had previously experienced. I was grouchy, sulky and quick tempered. I picture ourselves as a finely tuned mechanism such as a clock that when  all the pieces are working in order the clock is working. But when one of the gears is broken or gets jammed up the clock no longer works and it has to be repaired. 

I fervently asked God what was the problem because I was missing the peace and calmness that I had previously experienced. When we allow Him-when we make the time for Him to counsel us, as we seek Him for wisdom and answers - He is faithful to do it - and He shows us where and why we went wrong. As my counselor He showed me the particular areas that triggered my fleshly responses.  He makes that way of escape to set things back in order again. When I repented of my fleshy attitude and realized the triggers that set it off, His peace once again flooded my soul.

Psalm 16:7 says: “I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel, my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.”  When we realize that our spirits are not in sync with His spirit He will show us the reason and give us opportunity to make it right- if we ask. He is our Wonderful Counselor,  that Mighty God who is interested in every detail of our lives and as a loving Father sits us down and instructs us, counsels us and brings us back into that Peace  that passes all understanding. 

May you be blessed as you make the time to allow His wonderful counsel and instruction in your life today and live in His wonderful peace. He truly is our Wonderful Counselor  

~ Donna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Earth Receive Her King!

Extravagant Devotion Series ~ Introduction

Embrace Expectancy